We want to be united as a church in seeking Jesus to lead, bless and grow our next generation.
We're practicing prayer together as a church for 40 days, with 3 people praying each day, focusing on our children's ministry.
Thank you for committing to our church and to prayer together, for the Lord's provision of a children's minister.
You may also sign up for multiple dates on the poster in the House of Patience (portable).
On your date, please pray at 8 PM for 15-20 minutes, so that all of that day's prayer volunteers would lift up our needs as God's people together at the same time.
If you're unable to pray at that time, set aside 15-20 minutes any time throughout the day.
Each week has a different prayer theme. Below are 3 specific things we'd like you to pray on your prayer date that week:
Week 1 (Apr 27 - May 3): "Vision"
1. Pray to prepare a potential minister's heart: To have the same vision as our children's ministry and church, so that by the time they apply, it will be a clear alignment of both our direction and theirs.
2. Pray to prepare the hearts of our church: To see the need and value of a full-time children's minister, and to equip and work together with them toward a common vision.
3. Pray to prepare the hearts of children & parents: To be ready to honor and grow with a children's minister.
Week 2 (May 4 - May 10): "Burden"
1. Pray for a potential minister's heart: To have a burden for Asian and non-Asian children to know Jesus, and to become one family together in Christ.
2. Pray for the hearts of our church: To have a burden for supporting and blessing a children's minister.
3. Pray for the hearts of children & parents: To have a firm commitment to participate in children's ministry and church life as an expression of following Jesus as a family.
Week 3 (May 11 - May 17): "Character"
1. Pray for a potential minister's heart: To grow in integrity & character, expressed in the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22-23) in their own life and in ministry with us.
2. Pray for the hearts of our church: To grow in expressing the fruit of the Spirit in tangible ways toward one another, children, and pastoral staff (including a future minister).
3. Pray for the hearts of children & parents: To grow beyond self-centeredness to Christ-centeredness, and to grow beyond an inward view of our own family's needs to an outward view of contributing to Christ's family & Kingdom.
Week 4 (May 18 - May 24): "Connection"
1. Pray for the potential minister: To seek out a church with a similar vision, to discover our church's position, and to have the courage & calling to contact us.
2. Pray for our church: To be diligent & faithful in casting a net out to whatever avenues God has made available to connect with a potential candidate; to receive encouragement & wisdom for the search committee.
3. Pray for children & parents: To not only focus on finding the right minister, but to be right families, growing more connected with Jesus and His church, in preparation.
Week 5 (May 25 - May 31): "Protection"
1. Pray for the potential minister: To put on the armor of God (Eph 6:10-18), and be protected from the deception, distraction, division and destruction of the evil one.
2. Pray for our church: To be protected from the flaming arrows of the evil one; to remain strong & courageous, united & committed to our children's minister & ministry.
3. Pray for children & parents: To be protected physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually from harm caused by the evil one.
Week 6 (Jun 1 - Jun 5): "Partnership"
1. Pray for the potential minister: To have a passion and partnership with us, as an East Bay church with diverse generational, cultural and socio-economic demographics.
2. Pray for our church: To be great partners to a minister by raising up committed, passionate volunteers for Shining Stars, Children's Worship, and Children's Sunday School.
3. Pray for children & parents: To welcome and embrace God's appointed spiritual shepherd who will partner with their families.